Friday, March 6, 2009

Um, Are You Calling Me Fat?! (and other humorous stories this week)

So this week sucked. Mid-terms at school, developmental reports due at work and getting sick right in time for the weekend. Only me I tell you. Plus giving up swearing for lent- not going so well... Anyway, on to the funny moments.

1. Yesterday I am trying to get lunch ready for the kids and one of the kids helping to set the table comes to the kitchen to tell me I had forgotten to give them plates. So I turn to him and say, oh gosh I am so out of it today, you might have to keep reminding me what I should be doing and what's going on (in a joking way) and he turns to me and says in a whisper, Ms. Bruce, your making lunch right now- totally dead pan. You have to love a five year old that has such sarcastic, dry humor.

2. We have pretty great parents at the school who will often bring us "teacher treats" (cookies, etc.). A dad comes in this a.m. and says I brought some donuts in for the teachers that they don't really need. Um, WTF? Did he just call us all fat? I couldn't tell if he was saying it in a joking way, or if he was being an ass. Either way, NOT COOL. Just remember, I am the one who writes your kid's report card.

3. I closed myself in a door today. I went to bed really late last night because I was trying to get my developmentals done and I was exhausted all day. I swung the door open, but apparently not far enough so when I tried to walk through it I got stuck in the middle of the door and the door frame- and of course a coworker was there to witness (hummm, maybe the above comment makes more sense)

4. I just sat down with some nice curry and a beer for dinner. I was planning on going up to the gym for a run in an hour. It just now occurred to me that having a drink and then trying to run on the treadmill sounds like a disaster waiting to happen...

1 comment:

  1. wrong again! drinking and running on the treadmill makes it go so much faster. you will enjoy it so much more. just don't drink beer. you'll burp and run. not hot.

    ReplyDelete