Sunday, March 8, 2009

This Room is Bumpin'

So my apartment building is across the street from a church- a tiny little ye old Episcopalian church. So, I get into bed last night at 1:15 and about 5 minutes later I hear this loud ruckus outside. So I peek through the blinds and there are like 60 people out on the front lawn on this church hanging around (and making a terrible noise). Now, the church sometimes has things going on on Sat. nights (I honestly thought that it was AA meetings) but usually what ever it is is over earlier in the evening. I'm thinking that the meeting or whatever is getting out and I will Have to listen to this for another 5 minutes while people say their goodbyes. Oh no, then the techno music starts. I look out again and they have opened the doors and are BLASTING techno at a ridiculous level from inside the church. Now, I'm pissed. It's freaking 1:30 in the morning people some of us have to get up in the morning and oh I don't know, go to church. So I start pondering what time is appropriate for me to call the cops and ask them to go to the church and tell them to turn of the techno when I realize I have ear plugs. So, I give those a go. No joke, they turn the music up louder. My windows are shaking at this point. Now clearly this situation is bizarre- um hello there is techno music bumpin' from the church across the street at 2 a.m. What universe have I wondered into? (best comment about this story from Becca was "It wasn't even a baptist church? That would have made a little more sense.") Just as I am getting up to call the cops I look out the window and see someone else already has (thank you whoever you are) and finally at 2:00 the music stops- then a bunch of them start up their equally as loud motorcycles and peace the heck out of my neighborhood. Telling this story made me feel OLD. 5 or 6 years ago I would have been just getting home at 2 am and would not have been bothered in the least, now I want to go outside and start yelling at all those damn kids for keeping me up. Next step, 10 cats and one of those shirts with the fake bikini bodies on it that old ladies wear over their swimsuits.

Oh a happier note it was in the 70s here today. I finally got to break out the flip flops and short sleeves. (sadly it is supposed to get cold again at the end of the week) My roommate and I took a walk to Whole Foods so I could get one of my all time favorite lunches- the salad bar. This basically consists of me throwing a little bit of everything at the salad bar into a container all together, it's heaven. Then we walked around the store and I proceeded to pick up lots of random over priced organic foods. Now that's what I'm talkin' about, a nice end to the week from hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment