Monday, March 9, 2009

It's a What?

So I had to take a group of the girls to the bathroom during our museum visit today (because apparently 5 year old girls have to pee every 5 minutes). Anyhoo, I'm standing at the sinks waiting for them all to finish (and also making sure they actually wash their hands) and one of the girls notices the tampon dispenser and turns to me and asks what it is. Now, how does one deal with this? a. say it's a tampon dispenser and then deal with follow up questions. nope, this is certainly not part of my job description. b. just ignore the question and deal with it being asked 900 more times. nope, not enough patience for that. Well I just kind of pretend not to have heard her and tell the other girls to hurry and wash their hands. So then they all start asking each other what it is and then ask me again. So, I finally answer, "it's for grown up girls." Thinking that should do it. Well then one little girl walks over to the rest (now all standing at the dispenser with very confused looks) and says, "It's special dry cleaning soap." I'm sorry, what? She told them it was special soap for dry cleaning. They all respond, "Oh, okay" and turn to leave.

Why didn't I think of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment