Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hell Hath No Furry...

Like a jealous 5 year old? So, this all started last week- one of the little girls in my class is deeply in love with one of the little boys in my class. Sadly, homeboy is a player. One of the museum exhibits we were going to go see was unknowingly closed so, we took the kids outside to have a dance party (we were learning about different types of music). So, there the kids are dancing to the Beatles and this little girl and boy are cutting a rug. Well, he decides to leave her to dance with another little girl in the class. As we are trying to line the kids up she is sitting there in tears. When I asked what was wrong she said, "He didn't dance with me. He was dancing with her." I got her into line and we went to the playground. As we are walking he is singing a love song to little girl #2 while girl #1 is looking pissed. So he tells girl #2 that that when we get to the playground he will sing to her more and then turns to girl #1 and winks at her and says "you too." I about died laughing. On the playground he ignored girl #1 (even though she stood over him). Finally she bursts into tears and when I called her over to talk I asked her if he broke her heart and she said yes. It was so sad in such a cute little kid way. Well to continue the story today in reading I assigned him to work with a different little girl and girl #1 stared her down- I mean slit eyes and scowl type stare.
Really? At 5? I mean they have all their lives to let love make them miserable, but at 5? I don't remember having these types of feelings at five. Kids are so advanced these days.

1 comment:

  1. really? i totally got married when i was 5. and i think again at 7. i am waaay advanced.

    ReplyDelete