Monday, March 16, 2009

Bye-Bye Finn


Well imagine my surprise when I came home from work today to greet Finn and instead of finding my fish swimming around like a dog happy to see its master, I find my fish dead. Oh and I am not talking floating upside down dead, but laying next to his bowl on my counter dead. I screamed and ran to his side hoping that maybe he had just flopped out of his bowl and I could put him back in, but he was dried up and dead. (in fact he was kind of stuck to the counter-eww). Now this leaves one to wonder, did Finn commit suicide or did he just jump a little too high? Did my lack of being home to provide him with the proper care and support needed to fulfill his aquatic potential cause him to slip into a state of depression so intense that he decided to end it all? Or, did I accidentally kill him when I over filled his bowl making it impossible for him to determine how far up he could jump with out falling out of the bowl? Sadly, we will never know. All I do know is that Finn is forever gone and I'm a little sad about it. Time to break out the RIP cake.

1 comment:

  1. A) I love the RIP cake.
    B) this is not the first time that your fishes have jumped out of the bowl. Let me just remind you.

    ReplyDelete