Monday, March 23, 2009

Da Plane! Da Plane!

Its been a weird week in my household. My sister was here so I spent half my time at work and the other half running around town with her.

Also, someone I worked with for a long time died suddenly last week. It was so strange. I saw him that morning in the office, we were catching up since he works in the DC office and chatting and he was gone that night. So young, with young kids too. It was really horrible and everyone is just shocked and sad.

I flew to Sweden on Sunday on SAS, which is a hilarious airline, if you ever have the chance. They have cameras outside the plane so you can watch yourself take off and land. IT WAS AWESOME. Its been really clear in London so we watched ourselves like the Discovery Channel until we were at like 10,000 feet. I felt like a giant. The downside to SAS is that you pay for everything, even water, on the flight. I mean, really??! Really. Water. Also, if you happen to have curly brown hair as I do, you are the most exotic person on the plane. People looked at me. And not because I had a booger.

I am in Lund for a few days, one of the oldest cities in Sweden and I think its not only in architecture but also in spirit. There is NOTHING to do here at night. Luckily, there is beer. Also, I am pretty sure that a homeless man asked me out for coffee. Or he asked me to buy him a coffee, my Swedish is not so good.

I will pretend he asked me out. Cause its nice to feel pretty sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment