Thursday, March 5, 2009

Feminist? Anti-Feminist? Just cranky?

So, a few days ago at the gym, I hurt mah back. Like an old lady.

It didn't really think about it that much until I went to that early meeting where no one turned up. The only other person there was a boy carrying a laptop. So, I picked up 4 massively heavy boxes and he just looked at me and said, 'Wow, those must be really heavy.' It bugged the SHIT out of me. I wasn't sure whether I should ask for help and admit that I hurt. A lot. Or if I should just let it go because I am woman, hear me bitch!

In the end, I suffered silently but with daggers in my eyes and retribution in my heart. I think that's a healthy way to handle it.

2 comments:

  1. It should bug you! I have ZERO faith in the manners of men- I ride the metero I see grown men refuse to give up their seats to pregnant women, or men who step in front of me or darn near push me out of the way to get on a train. Where were these guys raised?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this particular guy was raised in Queens. Does that matter?

    ReplyDelete