Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Crazy Is as Crazy Does

I was today's equivalent of the man in linen pants on the metro. It is supposed to be 70 degrees out today. I hear that, I think flip flops. So I am in a skirt and flip flops today. The metro was a modge podge of clothing this morning- I always love when the weather first starts to get warm and no one has a clue what to wear. There were people in parkas with hats and gloves, people who thought they would take a walk on the wild side- not wearing coats, and me. The only person in flip flops. Now, I am normally the girl in crazy tights, so I am used to a strange look here and there, but today there were a lot of stares and smirks and one guy even chuckled.

So, today I am the crazy person that no one believes wore flip flops in the "cold" (please it was in the high 40s).

You all will be wishing you were me when it is 70 at quittin' time.

3 comments:

  1. did you feet freeze? And also, you wear flip flops at the first slight sun sighting. So this is not a huge surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best was that a mom showed up that morning and said that her son had told her that he bet I would be wearing flip flops because he knows I love them- funny how kids pick up on things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is a modge podge?

    ReplyDelete