Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What are you my mother?

So one of my students has some behavior problems. Well, more than one of my students has a behavior problem, but this story is about one specific one. Anyhoo, as part of her behavior modification plan she gets to work toward a goal everyday and if she reaches the goal (i.e. has a good day) she gets a reward. Well yesterday her goal was to have lunch with me. So she had a good day yesterday and a good morning today so we had lunch. We sit down to eat and she turns to me and says, "So, have you married anybody yet?" Um #1 when did we become so buddy buddy and #2 what are you 25? I tell her no and she says, "Well have you at least found somebody to marry?" Well no. I kid you not, she replies, "that's weird." I suggested that this was very grown up talk for lunch and that maybe we should talk about something else. She says, "okay, if you want."

Nothing like having a 5 year old criticize your dating life.

No comments:

Post a Comment