Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bank Holiday = Awesome Idea.

I don't actually know what a bank holiday is/does/means. Except that it gives us a 3 day weekend and for that I am grateful.

The weather cooperated this weekend, a bit too much. I got a mini sunburn. in ENGLAND. Wearing 55 SPF. On Saturday, we went to a city farm, which is really about a 35 min walk from our house, in the middle of London. It has pigs and various wildlife and a sustainable garden. It's awesome. I am surprised at how many city farms still remain in London, its a really nice hidden gem. After that, it was a dinner at the S&M Cafe. NOT what it sounds like. It's sausage and mash. And it was good.

On Sunday, we hauled our butts out of bed and walked (I can't actually call it a hike) between Amberley http://www.aboutbritain.com/towns/amberley.asp and Arundel http://www.arundel.org.uk/ . It was probably about 10 miles with perhaps a pub stop in the middle for a refreshing cider. I wish I had taken photos but I was too busy trying not to fall on my ass.

I spent monday on my deck and at friend's house eating summer dinner as it started to rain.

This is the first weekend in a long time, that I actually felt like I had a break from work/life. Dreamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment