Thursday, May 14, 2009

BAM! Lebanese Style...


So my home girl Meghan surprised me with the most awesome birthday gift last night- a cooking class at Lebanese Taverna! Um, this was the hotness. We sat down with the most random of cooking class participants- including two 60+ year old women, a family, and two couples. All of whom dealt with my need to constantly crack jokes quite well :) May I also add that they continually serve you wine while you are cooking? awesome. With the help of our chef/teacher, Jihad (whose name clearly made some of the other participants uncomfortable- seriously people?) and his super sweet assistant (who kind of reminded me of the girl from my big fat greek wedding before her makeover) we learned how to core zucchini, stuff some veggies, pickle some veggies (not a fan, Meghan however was in love) and make the most fantastic dessert, molten chocolate "Turkish coffee" cake. Come to mama. People you have no idea, I wanted to swim in this cake. Take it home with me. Marry it. Okay maybe that's a bit much, but it was love. After we finished cooking the food was all brought upstairs for us to enjoy the fruits of our labor. Lebanese food is so yum and I had a major food baby afterward. I got home pretty late and woke up pretty early today, so I was exhausted. The kind of exhausted where you feel a little like you're drunk. not a good prize. Nothing that a piece of baklava that I had purchased the night before couldn't solve. (you gotta love that I am such a fat kid).
If you can do it, do it. I highly recommend. If nothing else you get to eat the cake.

1 comment:

  1. i love that our last couple of entries were about food.

    ReplyDelete