Tuesday, May 26, 2009

If We Took A Holiday...

YAY for the holiday weekend! Thank goodness I got away from D.C. and the hell of tourists. (Although all of the bikers were in town for freedom ride and I always think that is kinda cool) Thank goodness Sheila's principal raffled off her condo in Wintergreen. Thank goodness Sheila won and likes me enough to take me along! The fabulous car ride there included the musical styling of such genius as Wilson Philips and Color Me Badd. Love it. We did some hiking in Crabtree Falls (see above) with an interesting collection of families and rednecks. We ate lots of yummy food. Lots. The trail mix was my BFF. I got my Peds cured. We did some wine tasting. Which was awesome because it was followed by us getting some take out Italian and going back to the condo to eat, finish off a bottle and a half of wine, and celebrate Krisitin's birthday with a cake. All while Krisitin looked up our astrological signs on her blackberry to discover if they matched our personalities (can I add how much funnier this is on 3 glasses of wine. I also think Astrology is total crap). The views were beautiful and the company fantastic. What else could I ask for?

Today I had to return to the real world. Back to work (of which I only have 3 weeks left) where the eggs we were incubating hatched and I had 7 chicks cheeping ALL DAY LONG in my classroom. We named four of them-well they named four of them- Snoopy, Peep Peep, Eggy Wrestler, and Sleepy Head. Where they come up with this stuff I have no idea.

1 comment: