Saturday, May 9, 2009

Love It Like A Fat Kid Loves Cake


I have to admit that year 29 came in better than I thought it would. 29, so close to 30. How is it possible that I am almost 30?! Now that my freak out is over... It was a pretty great birthday. My students found it hilarious to guess my age- guesses which include 32, 36, 48, 60, 100, 104, what the hell people? The 32 stings, too close for comfort. There was however a white chocolate strawberry birthday cake involved...


I got home to find beautiful flowers from some of my friends- totally made my day. Then off to dinner with some of my home girls. Cafe Luna, your food is delish, but your service is the suck. Then on to the movies. So strange how 5 years ago it was hitting the bars on birthday night, at 29 hitting the movie theater is where it's at.


The evening ended with all of us sitting on Sheila's floor eating funfetti cake while she and I shared stories about our classes. Mostly stories about them peeing their pants. You know, the type of stories that are appropriate among teaching and geriatric crowds.


Then I woke up this morning and had left over birthday cake. 29, so far so good. Bring it on...

1 comment:

  1. i love that you had funfetti cake. also, that's a cute pic of you guys.

    ReplyDelete