Tuesday, May 12, 2009

D.C., What A Charmer You Can Be

Today D.C. found itself back in my good graces. I hate, no LOATH, want to biotch slap, the metro. I do not know if there is a place more full of general rudeness, grossness, all around yucky. Nope, just don't like it. Today however, it redeemed itself, slightly. I'm reading my book this morning when the woman next to me taps me on the shoulder to ask me my thoughts about it (apparently she has just read the book). This resulted in an early morning metro book club like discussion. By far the most mentally stimulating metro ride I've had in a while. A nice person on the metro? This put a little extra spring in my step (helped along by The Cure rockin' my ipod) as I stepped out into the streets of D.C. Today happens to be one of those gloriously beautiful days- a perfect temp., flowers looking beautiful, not a sign of rain (finally) in the sky, and I got to leave work early today (with no class to go to!). Walking to and from work, I kind of loved the city again. It's always nice to take a second look at something you stop appreciating because of daily over exposure and realize it's kind of great.

Then I went to get back on the metro, my smart trip malfunctioned and I got chastised by a disgruntled metro worker (for no reason at all, btw), and missed my train. Metro, you are back on my bad list.

D.C., you and I however, can be friends.

1 comment:

  1. It was hard to have a bad day when the weather is like it was today... but a nice metro-buddy? WOW Double-bonus (minus the Smart trip malfunctioning)!

    ReplyDelete