Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This Week is Unfunny

So the bests were in town this weekend, which meant that I gladly got close to nothing done. I mean what is homework when there are theological conversations to be had, closet shopping to be done and mad quantities of food to be eaten? I have had a food baby for like 4 days now. The work got done but sadly it was at the expense of sleep. When I don't get sleep I am just plain stupid. I walked out of the house in brown leggings and my blue flamingo rain boots this morning- I was a hot mess. I almost threw a temper tantrum in my classroom today. I mean seriously if kids can just burst into tears and whine when they are tired why can't adults? All I can really hope for is funny stuff in my classroom and nothing has been funny all week. The closest thing to funny was teaching my student the sh blend and having them guess the word shit for just about every word I showed them. It was funny because not a single one of them reacted to the word. Every other classroom I have been in if a kid says a curse word every other child freaks. Not a word. I don't think that any of them have heard the word before.

Still not that funny. Is it Friday yet?

1 comment:

  1. me too! red shoes, pink shirt. can't dress myself at all.

    ReplyDelete