Saturday, April 4, 2009

This Week in Washington

So, in addition to my random metro encounter, this week has brought forth some other forms of randomness-

1. One of my students was overheard saying "crack a lackin' " in class. So on the play ground we questioned him to see if he knew where that term came from and who Snoop Dogg was. Apparently crack a lackin' was in the movie Madagascar. When we asked him who Snoop Dogg was he said- Snoopy. It reminded me of the scene in Big Daddy where Adam Sandler asks the kid if he knows what rum is and he says Rumpelstiltskin, so of course I was in hysterics. Awesome.

2. I have a ton of work to do for school this week and instead I have spent my free time playing Wii. Seriously, what is wrong with me?

3. I was so lazy on Friday that instead of getting out my ironing board and iron I used my flat iron to iron my shirt. It sort of worked and I didn't care enough.

4. We went to the melting pot last night. I ate so much that I felt like I needed to be rolled home, so much that it hurt, so much that I could barely move. Not a good prize.

5. Everyone in America is on spring break this week, making my job that much more frustrating. Try navigating 18 kids through the museums while DUMB tourists are all over the place. The worst part is that tourists find it normal to walk through a group of kids instead of walking around them, or stopping directly in front of them to take a photo ('m sorry, but why do people take pictures in museums? It's strange.). My favorite was someone actually pushing one of my students out of her way- really people? They are children, be nice.

6. I continue to avoid my work by watching Little Big League on TV- I totally forgot all about this movie! It is fantastic! In a horrible way of course.

For now, that is all, but it is only Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment