Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summer of Love

Let's combine some things I love:
a. farms
b. fresh fruit
c. being outdoors
d. taking pictures

This list, although not a list of all my loves, (because that could go on for pages) makes for a day of happiness. So when Sheila suggested that we head out to a farm in Poolsville, MD to do some blackberry and peach picking, you know I was shouting yes!

The day had an ominous beginning-it POURED down rain. It poured down rain and the we sat in traffic. We forged on. We drive and drive, it rains and rains. Until we come upon the farm where the sky was blue and the sun was shining. Amen, that's what I'm talkin' about. The farm was beautiful, and as you can see the picking was good. I mean these are some of the best blackberries I have ever put in my mouth.

On our way home we took a detour and stopped to see a field of sunflowers. I mean a sunflower field the size of a football field. It was something straight out of Everything Is Illuminated.



Next mission: making use of the fruits of my labor. Blackberry and Peach cobbler here I come...

1 comment:

  1. Nice!! I've always wanted to do that but never seem to be able to find the time in season. Glad to know a recommendation of a good farm to go to, though!

    Beautiful pictures too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete