Sunday, July 12, 2009

Show A Little Love

So I was very lucky today to get to spend some time volunteering at the Arlington Food Assistance Center. I have to tell you I LOVED it! Our job was to go to the farmer's market and take any donations of unsold food. I was so incredibly impressed with how very generous the vendors were- a few of whom gave us upwards of 20 crates full of veggies. When all was said and done about 1,200+ pounds of food. We then took it back to the center and spent the rest of the afternoon sorting and bagging the vegetables into family sized portions. During the week families who have been referred to the center can come to shop for groceries. I think it was definitely a good reminder for me that my little Arlington bubble isn't all that Arlington is.

Final thoughts:
1. If you are looking for a place to volunteer, please check this place out.
2. In fact, just click on the above link and check it out.
3. Farmer's market farmers of Arlington, you are so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment