Thursday, July 9, 2009

Someone Please...

explain to me why it is that people can not disciple their kids. I was in Target today buying a birthday gift for my nephew and there were kids everywhere-yelling. Now, as a teacher, I can handle the yelling kids. What I can not handle is the parents that do NOTHING to stop it. Case in point, I watched a child sit in his stroller and scream, AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS, for no less than 25 minutes. 25 minutes. 25 MINUTES! The mother just kept handing him toys and asking him if this was what he wanted. Really? Turn around and tell your kid to stop and if he doesn't remove him from the toy section and leave the store. Is this a hard conclusion to come to? I mean I came close to walking over to the child and telling him to shut it myself. The thing is these kids end up in my classroom a few years down the line and then they spend their days telling me no.

Get on board parents of the world. Do you hear me? Learn to tell your children "no" and "knock it off" and stop breeding little over indulged hellions.

On the plus side I made my first batch of summer sun tea. YAY for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment