Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ten Steps To A Perfect Holiday Weekend


Oh how I love a holiday weekend! I have always loved this holiday weekend in particular. There is just something about the 4th of July! People hanging out eating, drinking and being merry. Then of course there are the fireworks- it really just is such a happy holiday. So here is how I have a pretty fantastic holiday weekend:
1. Grab my new camera (who I have named Kate), some coffee to go and a friend (Kara) and head to Old Town to take some picture (a few samples above).
2. Head to a baseball game with a good friend (Mike). Bonus if, like this one, it is followed by fireworks. Bummer if, like this one, the home team loses.
3. Eat good food. Lots and lots of good food.
4. Watch the fireworks with good friends (Stacey,Ben, Mike,Meghan and Sarah) on the roof my apartment building while my drunk neighbors sing the Star Spangled Banner.
5. Eat apple pie like every good American should- make mine a la mode.
6. Cook a good breakfast for my friends. (and watch a little tennis history while we're at it)
7. Bake my very first angel food cake from scratch. Vow to never bake one out of a box again after I have tasted it.
8. Celebrate my roommate's birthday (Sarah) by heading out to Ray's The Steaks.
9. Order the Steak Diablo, (you'll thank me later) and enjoy some good laughs.
10. Head home with my friends (Grace, Sarah, Danny, Ellie, Kara and Chris) to enjoy some of the aforementioned cake with a little touch of strawberries and cool whip.

This weekend was the stuff good summers are made of. Further reminders that life is good!

2 comments:

  1. for our holiday weekend, i went to a bbq and brought rice krispy treats, because i thought the US should REPRESENT somehow.

    ReplyDelete