Saturday, June 13, 2009

Week in Review

This week:



Sunday: My mother gave me the birds and bees talk. Really? REALLY? I am 29, isn't it a little late for that? Also, um did I miss the part where I have even been on a date recently? Let's not put the cart before the horse mother.



Monday: Metro you suck. You suck more and more everyday. I could not be more glad that I only have one more week of dealing with you. Is it impossible for you to check your trains to make sure they are working properly before you send them out during morning rush hour? You off load my train and then it takes me 6 passing trains to finally get on one. 30 minutes late for work.



Tuesday: Does anyone remember the 'Pat' skit from Saturday Night Live? Well someone who resembles 'Pat' was in my classroom interviewing for a summer position. 'Pat' claimed to be a he. 'Pat' was clearly a she. Best comment? One of my students whispers to me "Is that a boy or a girl?" Good thing he didn't get the job, the kids would have eaten him alive. Awsome part of the day? I got a job inteview. Score!

Wednesday: It is nice and sunny outside now which means I have to put sunblock on all of the kids before we go outside. Yes, I have to rub sunblock on the arms, legs and faces of 18 children. FML.

Thursday: I honestly can't even remember Thursday. At all. This is not a good sign. I baked cookies, that is basically what I remember. They were a particularly kick ass batch, so I guess Thursday was good.

Friday: So we planned a pot luck followed by an IMAX movie for all of our students and their families. I was with the children from 8:30 a.m. until 9 p.m. I think that says it all. I will admit that it was fun, but at the same time that is one damn long day. I went to bed at 10 p.m. I am so cool.

Saturday: I got my hair did and my mother gave me a fist bump. When did my mother become at 20 something year old male? Also, I have pink eye. Awesome. Even more awesome? I have a job interview on Monday. Job interview with pink eye, that just screams hire me doesn't it?

1 comment: