Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hello Cupcake

What could be better than cupcakes in the summer? Let's be honest here, what could be better than cupcakes ever? If you know me you know how much I love them. How could you not?! They are cute, they are small and they are cake-basically they are perfect. Have a bad day? A cupcake will make it better. Celebrating? A cupcake is a perfect way to. Like I said, perfect. So imagine my excitement when one of my end of the year presents from a student was a gift card to Georgetown Cupcake! (give that kid an A) So, Sheila and I decided to make an event of it. The plan? Walk to Georgetown from VA square and enjoy the yummy goodness. Why the 6 mile walk you ask? Um, duh, walk off the calories sister (i.e. you can have two cupcakes instead of one!). So we walked, stood in line for 20 minutes, and entered the shop. Oh the smell of cupcakes, it's like childhood. Grabbed a twelve pack and headed home. We decided to stop at Starbucks, grab a coffee and dig in. Well, then I opened the box. Apparently hot sun and being jostled around equals melty cupcakes. (see photos above) That's okay, I can work with this. The plus here? Getting to lick the frosting off my fingers. (see previous childhood comment) Sweet sugary happiness! May I recommend the lemon berry and red velvet cupcakes? (That's right people I had two cupcakes and a cup of coffee for lunch)

Bring out your inner child people, the result is perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment