Saturday, June 6, 2009

Oops.

Last night, I stabbed myself in the hand. It was not fun. And it occured to me that I have no idea what to do in a "crisis" (admittedly, it wasn't really a crisis but just go with it).

I was trying to take the pit out of an avocado and I missed and all of the sudden there was a knife sticking out from my hand...not deep but still ew. So, I thought for a second (knife still in)...there are a couple of options here.

1. Pull the knife out, nothing happens, mini blood + band-aid = finish cooking dinner.
2. Pull the knife out, lots of blood, don't get it on the carpet and...ummm...huh.

I have no idea where to go to get stitches. I wouldn't even know how to call an ambulance if I needed one because I never paid attention to that when I moved here. I figure I would have gone through about 10 iterations of phone numbers before one of them was useful. Do you go to the emergency room for stitches? Is there such a thing here? There must be.

And so, I pulled the knife out. And wrapped my hand up in TP (cause that's the level of first aid kit I have in the house). And I just went about my evening...I figured if I bled through my make-shift bandage, I would figure it out then.

It's about 14 hours later. Still alive. So...I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment