Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Love My Boys

I love that my boyfriend played first base last night. I love that he hit his 297th home run last night and scored his 1000 RBI. You did good Papi, you did good.

I love more that I was there to see it. Papi and Varitek hitting homers, Papelbon coming in to pitch in the 9th, and OMG Nick Green almost getting taken out by a broken bat! When is the last time you saw a bat fly at a shortstop?! Admittedly a slow at the start, it turned out to be a good game. The nationals actually held their own and gave my boys a game to play.

As I sat back watching the action, beer in hand, the sunset over the stadium and the Washington monument and I was once again reminded why I love this city. It could have only been better at Fenway...

2 comments:

  1. You just had to rub it in. Why don't you GO to Fenway and stay there! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to a game when I get home! DO IT.

    ReplyDelete