Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summertime and The Livin is Easy

So it's done. My last day of work was yesterday, and I will admit that I had to wipe a tear. It was sad to leave my classroom, it was sad to leave the ladies I work with, and I was esp. sad to leave my co-teacher and my kiddies. I am however glad to have a summer, starting ASAP.

The last day of school calls for a celebration, so a bunch of us headed out to MexiCali Blues for some yummy food and, drum roll please...Pomegranate Margaritas. I was one happy girl :) Might I add that my friends are hysterical? I mean really funny, like side splitting, pee your pants hysterical and that's not just the margaritas talking. I sat back and realized how lucky I am; I love having those moments that you just wanna add to your mental photo album. As if a great dinner wasn't enough we then headed out for some yummy gelato at Boccato. You know a place is good when there is a line out the door ( and when you can snag some pineapple basil goodness).

How do you end a perfect night? You head back to my apartment to play a little Mario Cart, which I suck at. What's the fun in being bad you ask? It brings on more laughs, which can never be bad.

It's summertime and my livin' is easy baby, and man am I glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment