Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Your Government Dollars At Work

Do you know why I had to work late yesterday? This is why:

You may now insert any GOP, Congress = 3-ring circus, elephant as GOP with a painted woman on top jokes here. I'll wait.

It was an awesome day for the elephant parade. For those who are unaware, once a year, when the circus comes to town, they have to get the animals from the train depot to the Verizon Center. And they do this by walking them through the streets like a mini parade. And it's awesome. And heartbreaking at the same time. The elephants look so sad. And they are dressed up and it's weird. I don't go to the circus. I think they are cruel. But I wanted to have a bit of hope that maybe the animals felt happy walking down the city streets, even for 30 minutes, thinking they were strutting it on a nice spring day.
On another note, doesn't it look like a couple of these people are fleeing??! Like there is going to be a stampede??
In other news, Metro would like to let every know that they are going to focus on a smaller number of important issues they think are important to the public. Like escalators. I would put to them that most people would be happy to settle for the trains running without crashing into each other. Maybe that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment