Friday, August 28, 2009

How Easy It Is To Forget

I love being a teacher. It really is a great job. I also love back to school time. I LOVE back to school shopping. I love getting new things for my classroom. New markers, pencils, containers, etc. etc. What I do have a love/hate relationship with is the setting up of my classroom. I know that all of you in the non-teaching world think this is crazy because it couldn't possibly take that much time. How very wrong you would be. VERY WRONG. It take hours and hours, days and DAYS. This part I do not love. It is exhausting. I do very much love the result. I love when it is all done and I can stand back with pride and gaze upon its beauty (because honestly it will only look that nice for about two days before the kids make a mess). What I did not like about today was that I spent four hours at work and felt like I got very little done. The problem? My classroom may not be my classroom. All week I have had the fact that I may get moved into a different class- my current room down stairs, my possible new room upstairs-looming over my head. Today I was informed that I would be moving into the classroom next door so I spent my whole day moving stuff from one classroom into the room next door and then moving what was already in that room to the other (confusing way to say it, but I just switched stuff). I don't know what I am going to do if I get to work on Monday and I am told to then move it all upstairs. It could still happen. If one more kindergartner adds then we add a new kindergarten class and then classrooms shift. I don't know if I will be able to move it all over again, at least without crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment