Monday, February 28, 2011

Housewifery for the Win!

Things I accomplished this weekend:

1. Putting up a curtain rod.

That's it. And I couldn't even do it by myself. There are very few times that I am annoyed about being single but when it comes these house activities, I basically want to get pints of ben and jerry's, 7 cats, and just call it day.

The saga of the curtain rod started when my cordless drill died. Fine. I borrowed one from a co-worker. Then, I get to measuring and marking and it occurs to me that I have to straddle the top of the ladder and balance myself just to mark where the brackets will go. This does not bode well. I start drilling. Almost immediately, I hit masonry. Fantastic. I don't have them there fancy masonry drill bits and the hardware store is closed. I happen to see a crew of guys replacing the steps of the church across the street. So I put on my stupidest 'I am a girl and don't know what to do' voice and stroll over. After I explain the situation, this guy gives me their hardcore drill to use and says give it a go. I do. And nearly break my neck falling off the ladder trying to hold this thing with 2 hands while it basically shakes me like a british nanny. I give up. The guys across the street do too. So on Saturday, they came over and drilled the holes for me.

Cause I'm a girl.
Also, the curtains are 'meh'. But we won't talk about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment