Sunday, February 27, 2011

From The Mouths of Babes...

We recently celebrated the 100th day of school in my classroom. On the 100th day we do it up. 100th day trail mix, 100th day activities, etc., etc. I also gave them the writing prompt, When I am 100 years old life will be very different! This is what life will be like... I got so pretty awesome answers.

Answer #1:

"I'm going to get a back crack and walk slow. Have money, lots of money I say. Also have a sweet car. Also have a young girl friend and be rude. I think about skipping college. Also have a quiet life. My life is going to be fun because I'm going to have a mansion and live by myself and have a hot tub. Also the world is going to change because there is going to be lots of old people around like old me."

The best part is that when I gave the writing prompt "Do you ever want to get married? Why or Why not?" This same kid wrote that he never wants to get married because if he doesn't then he could probably do other fun stuff like go to Hawaii and have lots of love. This kid is going to be a player when he grows up. You can already see all the signs...

Answer #2

"I would have a wand attachment to my walking stick. Harry Potters worst enemy, Voldemort, would be feared throughout the land. There would be boggarts and hippagriff. We would fly on hippagriff for transportation. The cars are able to fly, if you want a car. I would be a anamagis, that means I can turn into an animal. I would be a 4 feet black dog. I would already be a professor at Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. I would be defense against the dark arts teacher for 20 years. When I was 70 years younger I was a famous quiditch player- my broom would be a firebolt. "

This kids answer to the marriage question said that he never wanted to get married and that he wanted to play video games by himself all day long. This kid is going to live in his parent's basement when he grows up if he isn't careful.

There were many more humorous answers, but I truly felt like these two examples gave a glimpse into what their futures may hold...

No comments:

Post a Comment