Thursday, February 17, 2011

Recommitting. Should be committed?

Today I shared this blog with a woman in the office; it's scary. We are friends, and I hope we will still be after she reads it. It's almost as if I have divulged all my crazy before getting the engagement ring, you know?? I hope it doesn't scare her off.

That being said, I am going to commit to posting more often, not that my life is so interesting or funny but I forget sometimes that even writing things down helps think through them or at least gives you the giggles when you look back on them.

So. What has happened recently. Some neighborhood hooligans tried to steal my trash can. I mean, really? You can have it if you want. They are free. The city will give you a brand new one if you ask.

I also think I scared off my new neighbors when I told them that I left a bar because there were too many white people there. They just stared at me. But really. That's not what I meant. I meant there were only white people there and they were all dressed the same and I felt like I was in a post-apocalyptic movie. Or maybe just in Clarendon. But I don't like places that self-segregate that way. It makes me uncomfortable. I just wish I had said that out loud to my neighbors. Now they are just confused.

To catch up all 2 of you who read this blog:
Job = still boring but still employed!
House = still messy but still standing!
Family = still overseas but still standing!

I have also reaffirmed my love for Top Gear. That's the most important update of all.

1 comment:

  1. lol - I, too, am wary of places with all white people. I feel like the only reason they let me in is because I'm married to a white person and wear brown flip flops. The brown flip flops happens to be an eerie coincidence. I swear I had them before I got married!

    Sorry about your trash can!

    ReplyDelete