Sunday, November 22, 2009

Too Much Of A Good Thing?


I think I may love pumpkin just a little too much. It is border line obsessive. I have pumpkin coffee mate in my morning coffee. There is pumpkin air freshener in my house. I have been baking with pumpkin for weeks now. I literally have stockpiled pumpkin (the rumored shortage sent me into a panic!). So, to be completely predictable, I give you my weekend of pumpkin. Of course I baked- seriously people, I can't help myself. One thing I love about this time of year is that the cheesy Christmas movies start playing. I love them. They are awful and cheesy and have horrible actors in them, but I love them. Is it strange that it is not yet Thanksgiving and they are already showing? Of course. Does it give me good background to bake to? Um, duh. I watched a particularly AWFUL set (yes I said set, part one AND part two) of movies last night starring Kathy Irelan (I now know why she has faded into the background). Wasted hours of my life. The only thing that saved my night was this cake:




Pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting. Oh my yummy. I had to eat one piece and put the rest in Tupperware to take this to work tomorrow because I could take. this. cake. down. Maybe not as spicy as I normally like my pumpkin to be, but I think it may find its way into my pumpkin recipe rotation. I topped off my bad TV movie weekend with a stellar flick starring the queen of bad Lifetime dramas, Ms. Tori Spelling. Again, I sought solace in my kitchen. (I am aware that I can turn these horrors off, but they are like train wreck, you can't turn away). I whipped up some pumpkin pasta that I found here. I also decided that I wanted this recipe to be for Curried Pumpkin Pasta, so I added some curry powder (curry may also be on my list of obsessions). Again, I could not get it spicy enough so I was adding curry, and pepper flakes like crazy, but it may be worth it if you like pumpkin.

I know pumpkin has been all over the blog for a while now, but have no fear I am all about Christmas as soon as December strikes. Ahhh, gingerbread...

No comments:

Post a Comment