Wednesday, November 25, 2009

On My Days Off


I know, I know, I'm blogging a little too much this week. I admit it, I have no idea what to do with free time. Some people know how to relax, I know how to multi-task. You may look forward to a day off to sit back and read a book, watch a movie, (insert your relaxing activity here). I look forward to days off because I can run errands, and clean my house, and try a new recipe. It's a sickness, I am aware of it, maybe some day I will seek help-but not today. After my obligatory errands (side note- Target what is up with all the Christmas stuff AND Christmas music today? Let Thanksgiving have its glory please) I went home to try out a recipe I have been dying to try, biscotti. Strange for me because I am not a biscotti type girl. They are crunchy and hard, I usually under bake my cookies a bit so they are soft and chewy. That being said I am always up for something new and these looked good.


The recipe was for vanilla biscotti, but I give you vanilla cranberry biscotti with white chocolate cinnamon almond drizzle. I know what your thinking, too many flavors right? Sometimes, I can't control my ideas and in this case it paid off- YUMMY. I will admit they took what seemed like forever to make, so I doubt they will make it into the regular rotation in my kitchen. They may however find themselves on a future day off to-do list.

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, like all the posts (except that my stupid blog won't update your listing - but we've already discussed that). And these biscotti look great - too bad they take so long to make... boo to that.

    I'm with you on the days off, though... days off mean to-do lists start, right?

    Happiest Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for you (seriously).

    ReplyDelete