Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween=FAIL.

Fail, I say, FAIL. Sort of. Halloween and I can't quite figure out how we feel about each other. I love cute little kids dressed up in all sorts of cute little costumes. I like candy (because who doesn't?). I love scary movies (bring on the fright!). I am not a huge fan of the dressing up. In theory I like the idea, but I never have the time or the energy to really do it well. Plus, for what? I am not gonna get too creative to go to work. I can't remember the last time I went to a Halloween party. The last time I went out for Halloween (Georgetown is a BADDDD idea) I wanted to die. I kinda like seeing how creative adults can get with costumes, but I do not like how stupid they get when they are all drunk and yelling all over my neighborhood when I am trying to sleep. So, I was not to incredibly excited about Halloween this year. I did however persevere. So I put on a zebra costume and headed to school (and by costume I mean that put on a cute dress that had a zebra print top and some zebra ears). Kids=CRAZY. Also, whoever thought it was a good idea to take an entire school full of children through a nursing home should have thought for 2 seconds. Taking one high risk group (for swine flu) into another high risk group =Fail. On Saturday Becca and I did do something that I will keep off the fail list. We went to roller derby. Yes, think the movie Whip it. I have to admit that it was so strange it was awesome. DC Roller girls get a thumbs up. I secretly (I guess not so much of a secret if you put it on a blog) want to join a roller derby team. I dressed up as a witch, which Becca gave a fail. Apparently looked only "goth" and not like a witch. We followed up by trying a new place for Indian food. Which got a mini fail. It was so-so. All this was topped off with us trying to watch a scary movie. FAIL. Sarah Michelle Geller and Sarah Chalke do not provide good horror flick material.

So, Halloween this year I give you a FAIL. Maybe next year we'll see eye to eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment