Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What's the Point?

I went to a job fair today. And honestly, I don't get it. I have never been to one before so I printed out some resumes, threw on a suit and thought I would give it a shot. Annndddd....I don't get it. There were about 5-8 booths of people telling you just to go to the website to look for open jobs. When I asked about certain jobs, descriptions, work life etc. I got really quizzical looks and responses such as, "I don't really know, I am just a recruiter." No offense, but isn't it your job to know the answers to these types of questions? Really, I wasted a suit. And some paper. And $4 in parking.

That being said, at least the FBI recruiter took my resume, wrote something on it, and put it in a file. Not sure if that's good or bad but I'm pretty sure, I won't be allowed a sidearm.

No comments:

Post a Comment