Sunday, September 13, 2009

Party Like A Grade School Teacher

Teachers are a strange breed of people. Maybe it is the fact that we spend all day being nice. Maybe it is the fact that we also say words like "potty" and phrases like "use your words" on a daily basis. Could possibly be that we have parents breathing down our necks constantly (some are CRAZY). Could also be that we spend our entire day in a room with loads of children asking us a zillion questions. Whatever the reason may be I tend to find that teachers are closet party people. I know parents want to believe that teachers go home and bake cookies (and some of us do) but we also know how to go out and have a good time. Believe me, some kids will drive you to need a drink on a Friday. So, I organized a happy hour on Friday. Not because my class is driving me to drink, they are actually pretty great so far. I thought it would be a good way to get to know some of my co-workers. I may have gotten more than I bargained for. It was a good time all in all, but one of my co-workers def. was hittin' the Sake bombs and gettin' her party on. It was actually kinda funny, but I will never be able to look at her the same at work. It's like finding out the Bruce Wayne is Batman, you can't look at him the same after he has revealed his secret side. Poor Becca got dragged out to witness all the glory that was happy hour. She also kindly helped smuggle me out of the bar when the same co-worker started to get a little pushy with the booze and insistent on bar hopping. So, I went home, be it a bit tipsy, and fell asleep on my couch at...10 pm. We tried to watch a movie, but there was no way I was gonna make it. Do I know how to party or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment