Thursday, February 4, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Look at yesterday. Wasn't yesterday pretty? Don't you just kinda want to throw on your boots and mittens and go make snow angels like a little kid? Look how fluffy it all was...



Well it all melted about two hours after I took these photos. It stuck around just long enough to get me the day off of school (which will now be made up on teacher workday-FAIL). So now this storms big brother is going to plow through tomorrow and Saturday and dump upwards of 20 inches of snow. Okay, we can we be honest about this? When did I start living in the artic? Also, why can't people in DC handle snow? The grocery store tonight (at 8:45 PM) was a scary, scary place. The produce? Cleaned out. The meat section? Cleaned out. I mean I was there for coffee, cheese and crackers (the essentials of course) so I was not too worried, but WOW. People are all whacked out and trying to run each other over with shopping carts. Chill people, just chill. Embrace the beauty of the snow, the beauty of sleeping in, and the beauty of hot chocolate. Bonus- school canceled tomorrow ALREADY, without an ounce of snow yet. It truly is a winter wonderland.

1 comment:

  1. I so wanted to get out there and take some shots of the lovely fluffy snow but missed it - so I'm glad to see someone else caught it.

    Can you believe this snow? And it's supposed to snow again Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete