Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Passing The Time


Day 5 people. We are on day 5 of the snowstorm. I have been stuck in my apartment for 5 days. Okay, I ventured out for a short bit a few times, but basically I have been in my apartment. Alone. Soon I will start talking to myself. This must end. However, we are supposed to get 10-20 more inches of snow over the next 2 days. So, better learn to make the best of it.

So, as you can expect I have been baking away. In fact, I'll even admit to being a huge dork and say that I have been spending many minutes (fine, hours) searching for new recipes. A girls got to amuse herself somehow. Also, blueberries were on sale at the grocery store and I had to use those bad boys up before they went bad. First up- blueberry scones:

don't let these fool you, even though they look like cookies, they are actually scones. If you like a softer scone these are your cup of tea (or coffee, respectively). As always, Joy comes through. Then last night I baked up some oatmeal blueberry muffins. That's right, I was feeling a little healthy (or maybe a little guilty about the amount of munching in front of the TV I have been doing). Healthy and delish!

What to bake next?

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture of all of the muffins! And... uh... can't wait to try (hint hint) one. :-)

    ReplyDelete