Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hello Old Friend

It's been awhile ol' blog; since before I went on vacation. And by vacation, I mean that I went to see my family. I would share some photos with you but our camera was stolen the night before we left Vietnam. That being said, I highly suggest everyone visit Vietnam at some point in their lives, I definitely plan on going back. Aside from the heavy reliance on fish, the food is awesome, the people are massively friendly and the country is still relatively unspoiled of factories/pollution (I'm looking sternly at you China).

So now that I am back and un-jet-lagged and have clean clothes, I wonder why I actually needed a vacation. I didn't. I don't have a job and so don't really need a break from anything or anyone. Except one thing. Cover letters. I have been on the job hunt seriously for about 2.5 days now and it is NOT fun, it feels like an eternity. I can think of few things in life that I hate more than writing cover letters except personal statements which is why I just can't bring myself to apply to grad school.

I wonder why it is that no one likes to write these things. We all know what they are going to say...and to me a cover letter is redundant. I used to HATE getting them when people would apply for jobs in my department. I know why you sent me your resume. Am I the only one who thinks these things are wildly inefficient?? Or maybe just need some more coffee and less grumpy. Or a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment