Sunday, January 17, 2010

As You Wish

So, of course, it's pretty clear that I like to bake. It's also pretty clear that I like to show you what I bake. You read this blog, you know what I am talking about. So I'll let you in on a little secret-I'm a bit of a people pleaser. That's right, I have an issue with trying to do things to make people happy. What does this have to do with anything you may be asking, well I have recently discovered that this people pleasing has found its way into my baking. Now, in some ways this kinda sucks because baking is my release. It's one way I relieve stress and being worried about people being pleased with my cooking has a bit of a chance of taking that away. Then again, who am I kidding, of course I want you to like it. Of course I am baking it just as much for you as I am for my stress relief. Sure I am starting to realize that I seem to be the last one to figure this out. That being said I am a sucker for people asking me to bake them something. I can't say no and I sit on pins and needles waiting to know if it past the test. This was my most recent request- Apple cake. I'd never been asked to make an apple cake before. In fact I could probably count on one hand the amount of times in my life that I have had an apple cake. But, I'm always up for something new so I gave it ago. If photos could talk...



It just looks yummy...



I thought it was delish! Then again as a people pleaser- I really hope that for the recipient, it past the test...

1 comment:

  1. YUM Definitely adding this to the list of desserts to make - I've made a couple of apple-cake type desserts and always loved them so I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete