Thursday, October 8, 2009

YAY for FALL!!!



It's finally here people, the season I have been waiting for, it's Fall! It is wake up in morning and grab a jacket weather. It is also "I can't figure out what to put on in the morning" weather (does it make sense to wear a sweater and flip flops?). I have started to notice one of my favorite sights in the whole wide world, changing leaves. This was followed by two more of my favorite things- parent teacher conferences and a three day weekend. Why would I enjoy parent teacher conferences you may ask? It gives me two days to have a break. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but sometimes I need a day or two to regroup. A day or two where no one is expecting me to be on and peppy and the supreme problem solver. So after my super conferences were over and I was feeling pretty confident (funny how a few nice comments from parents can make me feel like I'm on cloud nine) I headed home to start my weekend. I tired to cram as many of the things I love into one weekend, and managed to do a pretty good job of it. So, step #1- Go to the movies. Julie & Julia was cute and made me wanna start cooking at 11:30 at night (don't worry, I didn't) Step #2-get my bake on. That's right I took a trip to the grocery store and bought no less than 4 cans of pumpkin (because it is the season and one should always have emergency break glass pumpkin around) and a few bags of chocolate chips. Nothing says fall to me like the smell of something baking in my oven. I busted out a batch of these (and I have to say, they are kick ass)...



Then I got to spend an entire evening by myself, relaxing. I was greatly rewarded by this out my window-

It looked like this, AND it was chilly outside- heaven. Step #3- Hiking!!!!!! Old Rag round two for Becca and I. The weather was prefect for hiking, the views were insane and the rock scrambles were awesome. I will not even try to say that I'm not a little sore, but it was 100% worth it. I would do that hike every weekend. Might I add that I think hikers are just such nice people. We had quite a few nice little chats along the way, and I am very greatful to the nice guy that lent me a hand in tackling a rock that was a little too tall for either Becca or I to tackle solo. So, here is a little taste...
We finished the hike and headed down to Charlottesville for the night to hang out with Mike. Had a little Mexican food, a few laughs, and some more chilly weather. Nice. The drive home was filled with lots more of one of my favorite sights...
I know it won't last for long, but I'll take every bit of fall I can get.

1 comment:

  1. OLD RAG!! I LOVE OLD RAG!! Sad that I won't make it out to Old Rag this fall until November. We are scheduled (yea - it's on the calendar) for Nov 15. Want in? =D

    ReplyDelete