Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My New Favorite

This may be my new favorite place. I know, I have all of Oahu at my fingertips, and I choose to love Nick's backyard. I like to keep ya guessing. But seriously, it is pretty hard not to be in love with this backyard now that we have planted a little garden. Yours truly has a black thumb. I kill house plants. I once even killed a cactus. I didn't think you could do that, but I did. Lucky for me, Nick has better luck in growing things. I'll give you a sample of photos of some of the plants, because I am guessing pictures of every plant is not as exciting to most of you as it is to me.

Like this plumeria tree. It reminds me of Mombasa. That makes me smile.

Yep, those are limes. How cool is that?

Some green onions:



Some oregano:



Some thyme:







Yep, I am painting the names of the herbs on the pots. I am cheesy like that.


Cute cherry tomatoes. We have some big tomatoes too, but these are cuter and currently more colorful.



This is my rockstar. The soybean plant. I picked him out on a whim. He was small and kind of weak looking and now he is rocking the garden. Seriously, everyday he gets bigger and more awesome. I do kind of worry he will soon take over the other plants.




The best part of this garden is something you can't see in these photos. My very wonderful and handy boyfriend built a lovely sitting area complete with fire pit and tiki torches that is surrounded by our little garden. Not only do I love that I can come out and pick fresh herbs every night for dinner (and maybe even a cocktail, yep there is mint out there too) but it is also a peaceful place to read a book during the day. By night, it is place for us to relax around the fire and enjoy a glass of wine and some conversation. What could be better than that?


Some days we even get a view like this...

Now you see why this, in the midst of so much beauty, is one of my favorite places to be.









No comments:

Post a Comment